Sunday, September 6, 2020

Understanding

 Okay so mom and I have a good relationship. We understand each other. 

She knows I hate being picked up and being loved on. But even though she knows this once a day she has to do it. She just has to love on me, hold me and kiss me on the head. I give her that cause she seems to need it. But she gets a few seconds, I push away then. And cause she knows this she then gives me that kiss and puts me down.

Image may contain: cat

Mom understands also that when I run across her in the morning, I am wanting her up. We also have a routine. When she gets up I walk in front of her to the BR, then down the rest of the hall to my fed corner. I then tip my head and butt the container that holds my food. Mom knows that means, "fill my bowl up". She fills my bowl and then unlocks the back door and checks to be sure screen is shut all the way and she leaves me be while I go out. Mom understands I love the deck.

Mom understands that when she hears a low, pitiful meow that I am sitting in front of the door that goes in the garage and I want out. Mom tells me no and although I understand that word, I continue my low meow. After about three times mom yells at me and tells me NO again, that I am not going out and to get back upstairs. I come then. 

Mom understands what it means when come and look at her, but I do not sit down, I stay alert. She knows that means I am asking her to play with me. She then says that she is going to get me and I run. 

See, we understand each other and I think I have mom trained really well. But there is one thing we have had an issue about. My wet food. For over three yrs mom has given me my wet food with water mixed with it. She says she does that to be sure I am drinking extra water. Months ago however I stopped eating my wet food. She brought about five other kinds home and I tried them all. I did eat more of one kind then I did of the other so she figured that was the one I liked. Its good, I like it okay but I still was not eating much. Mom thought it was my missing Dakota but that was not it. Mom was throwing away more then I was eating. 

About five days ago mom decided for some reason to feed me my wet food without water. I gobbled it all down. A light went off over mom's head, I saw it. The next day she gave me my wet food without water again. I am gobbling all my wet food down when mom feeds it to me, no more waste. She was excited that she finally figured it out. Took her long enough! Now we understand each other about my wet food.

Lily Bit

3 comments:

  1. Understanding and love, you've got it sweet Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fine place and it was just this morning that Bob said to me you do know that that dog is controlling you and controlling our house and I said of course I know and of course he is so now I can tell him that in your house your mom is controlled by you! We have similar things that we do here. And when we first got Big Boy 2 years ago we had always put water on the dry dog food for all the other dogs because they wouldn't eat it without water on it and we were putting water on the dry dog food and big boy would not eat it and one day our light what bulb went off and we took the water off and he ate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Training humans is a full time job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...