Friday, September 4, 2020

The Vet Visit

 I got so excited the other day cause mom put on my harness and a leash so I knew I was going somewhere. I don't go places so it did not matter where I was going it just meant mom was letting me go somewhere with her.

Oops....I know that Dakota used to hate to go to the vet and I know that he would shake and try to hide in the vets office. However, I on the other hand get so excited when I go to the vet.

Image may contain: dog

Why do I get excited? Cause Amber works there. I love seeing Amber so since I am excited to see her I don't think about where I am. Mom dropped me off with Amber and Amber took me in. I hung around in her office with her till Dr. King wanted to see me. 

First Amber weighed me, that was not pretty. I weigh in at 25.4 lbs. Mom, Amber and Dr. King says that is way too much. But my weight has not changed since I lived with my other mom. They say I don't get exercise. Mom says that we are going to have to change that and start walking in the evening. Never done that before so this should be interesting.

My blood work came back yesterday and my liver enzymes are higher then they were last yr so Dr. King is going to put me on some meds. Great, I hate taking meds and mom hates giving them to me. I also have allergies. My eyes water all the time and my skin has gotten darker. Mom says its okay, she will take care of me and make sure I get my meds.

Chey Anna

Note from mom~

Hi folks! As Chey told you I took her to the vet the other day. I knew she needed a check up and I had somethings I wanted them to check out. She is over weight and I am going to try and make her and I walk in the evenings. Be good for us both. I had been giving her Benadryl for the allergies but she was getting wise to the pill in the cheese. Dakota got wise to it when he had to take it for allergies also. But with Dakota I would open his mouth and put it at the back of his throat and hold his mouth till he swallowed it. I will not even attempt to open Chey's mouth and shove a pill in her mouth. But I got where I gave her the Benadryl in her afternoon meal by making a hole in her chicken and sliding the capsule in there and hiding it among the other chicken. 

Doc changed her allergy pill to half a Zyrtec, which is not a capsule. I have a pill crusher that I crush those pills up and just sprinkle on her food. Bam, she never knows! Hoping that the meds I pick up today will be the same. 

I did joke with Amber about Chey having gastric bypass surgery cause her liver enzymes being high. That is what happened to me, mine were high cause I had a fatty liver. Oh well.....crazy. Maybe if she gets on meds and walks, drops some poundage then I hope that will help. 

Pam

3 comments:

  1. glad she loves the vet and Amber and hope the meds will be easy to give. we were struggling to give Big the BIG antibiotics, thank goodness that is gone. bob shoved one down his throat and when we went in the kitchen for dinner, the pill was laying on the floor. i finally rolled it in raw burger, and squeezed it and he swallowed it whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you'll like those walks Chey, you can get out and about and check all of the peeMails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so lucky to have you for a mom. Take care of her, Chey!

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...