Monday, January 4, 2021

Something BIG

 Mom was standing at the kitchen sink thinking about washing some dishes.....lol

She looked out in the back yard and with the trees being bare she saw something black and white in the top of the tree. Something BIG.


Mom grabbed her big camera but did not have the zoom lens on it but she went
out on the deck to get a shot anyway.

Mom said that she was pretty sure it was a hawk but she posted for her friends
on fb to give her an answer to what it was. It's a Coopers Hawk. 

A friend of mom's said to keep an eye on the dog. Mom laughed and told him
that even though this bird was big, Chey weighs 26 lbs so she felt
that Chey was safe. Thankful though that 
Misty Little (nickname) and I don't leave
the deck. I am sort of glad now myself.

Lily Bit






3 comments:

  1. That is big indeed. I love birds of prey, but not around my babies. Chey will be fine. I agree with you.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to all the babes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool. Be safe! I have trouble telling one species of hawk from another but have seen more and more around the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, those big things will carry off small critters fur sure!

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...