Thursday, August 6, 2020

Saving the Fur

Mom is writing the post
for this blog today...
  Chey

I left the house Monday morn 
to pick up my groceries 
that I ordered on line. I 
came home and did not leave
again until Wed evening.
I made myself leave 
the house then 
cause I needed to go treat 
Shadow at the barn for fleas. 

No photo description available.
I say that I was going to treat
Shadow because I only 
had one treatment. I have 
more but apparently they are
in a box that has yet to be
unpacked! And since this
girl is HIGHLY allergic to
fleas I try to be sure she
gets treated. 

Shadow is the cat that showed
up when the other kittens were
3 months old. She was at some
point an indoor cat with beautiful
fur and well cared for. 

Anyway....moving right along....

I got out of the car and fed 
Arnold some cantaloupe rind. 
Arnold is the big pink pig
at the barn. I called for the 
other two but they did not
come so Arnold had his own
little treat. 
Image may contain: outdoor and nature

Shadow came up behind 
me telling me hi with a 
couple of meows. But it 
was the sound coming 
from the barn that got my
attention......a cat crying in 
distress. I looked in the
barn and there were two 
ladders there. One going to the top 
of the feed room and the 
other on top of the feed room going 
up in the rafters. There she was 
at the very top of the barn as
close to the tin roof as she 
could get, crying her heart 
out....my little Ms Tigress. I 
called up to the house and Renee 
said she had tried to get her 
down with the ladders but could not
get up there....hold up 
and she would come down
to the barn and we would see
what we could do.

No photo description available.

Tigress was crying her heart out, 
she was next to that tin roof 
where I know it was hot and 
she was panting so hard between 
the cries. So I climb up the first 
ladder to the top of the feed room. 
This was not too high but it was up
off the ground, sort like you standing
on the ceiling to your living room.
Also, keep in mind, I am not a fan
of heights.

Once I was on top of the feed room
I looked at the other ladder....
OH CRAP...but that babe needed 
saving so I sucked it up and started 
to climb. I got a little over half way 
up and panic sat in. Panic set in cause
I kept looking down and the board that
the ladder was leaning on was not
exactly what I would call safe. 
One end of it had come un-nailed
from the other beams. I started to shake 
so I had to work my way down that
ladder,judging each step.
I took another deep 
breathe and decided that if I had 
to climb up to get Tigress I 
would have to do it with my
eyes closed.

Now would probably be a good 
time to also tell you that I was
up on top of the feed room 
without my phone. WHAT THE 
HECK! I had set it down in 
the hall area of the barn cause
I was afraid I would drop my
damn phone! Forget about the
fact that if I fell I might need it!!
DUH! Also keep in mind that 
Renee had yet to come down
to the barn!

Anyway,  I could not leave Tigress
up there. Renee brought in a long 
2x4 and handed it up to me.
I tried holding it up there 
hoping that Tigress would get on 
it and walk down. I had it right up
there with the end next to her
balanced on a beam. I think it was to 
big of a slope and she would not 
get on it. I could not hold it higher
on my end to level it out some for her. 
It was just too hard with me hold 
this long board up over my head
and I was just not tall enough to
get it higher on my end. 

At this point Renee looked out
of the barn door and called 
for Monkey. I have NO clue what
Monkey's real name is but he has
that nickname because he can
scale a tree like a monkey! He 
had actually pulled in behind me
when I came in the drive but he
bared off to the rental house 
and I to the barn. Renee yelled
at him and asked him to come
help. 

Monkey scaled right up the first
ladder and the the bigger ladder
with no issues. I told him to grab
Tigress behind the neck and she
not claw at him. However he had
to grab her around the middle. 
Bless her heart she must have
known we were there to help
cause she did not even try to 
crawl at him. He came right 
down that ladder and handed her
to me. Now like Lily, Tigress will
allow me to hold her, for a min 
then she pushes to get down. 
However not now...I cradled her
close to me and she was just
fine with it.

Monkey looked at me and 
asked me was I going to 
jump down off the feed room!
HAHA...I told him my flying
powers were not working. I
sat Tigress down, they get
on the feed roof all the time 
and I knew she knew how to 
get down. Then I looked at
Monkey and said, "AW hell,
how am I going to turn around
and start down"!?? Monkey had
already sat the big ladder down
on the barn floor so he raised
it up over the lip of the roof
so I could sort of just
walk on to it and I started
down. He said he was there
to catch me. HAHA....I think
I am a tad bigger then him and 
he told me that was not an issue
he would not let me fall. 

I touched BOTTOM!!!
Thanked Monkey and 
jumped into cat mode.
Tigress had come down
to the inside of the feed 
room and I ran and got 
her water. Renee said she
found her up there early
that morning, and it was 
around 6 when we got
her down. I knew that she
might even have gotten up
there the night before. I
knew that tin roof was 
hot. 

I tried to love on her again
and she was over it. WOW,
cats sure are not grateful.
I was willing to risk my
life for her!!!

Sorry NO PICS cause I 
went into saving mode
when I saw her and never
even thought about taking
pics of the cat up there or
the ladders propped up. 
I just needed to save
Tigress. So, I guess that 
is the one way to get me to
put my camera down. 

Thankful that Monkey 
came along when he
did. 

I visited with Chris and 
Renee for a bit. Let me
also throw in here that
Chris was unable to help
with the cat cause just
a few days ago he had
a second surgery on his
shoulder. I did however
scold Tigress when she
came up on the deck and
Chris said that she prob
chased a mouse up 
there. I knew if had to 
be something cause those
cats have NEVER climbed
those beams that high
up. The ones between
the feed room and the 
ground they are pros at!

That would be my 
fur adventures of
the day!

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Oh my on the ladders and the rescue. I'm glad Monkey was there. He saved the day.

    Have a fabulous day, Pam. Stay off ladders. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad you didn't get injured. That would be scary, for sure. I'm reminded of a time our cat Tilly got up high in a neighbor's tree, chased by a dog, I'm sure. Trying to find help and getting nowhere, I ended up with a towel in my arms that I used to catch her when she fell. God was with us that day, for sure. We should have both tumbled down that steep hill the tree is on. Thank Monkey for me, too. He sounds like a really nice guy. We need more of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good save and yes, she was most grateful you helps, she just doesn't dwell on it. That was A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof fur sure!

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...