Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Crazy Sort of a Day, and Naked Critters

Saturday was a different sort of day around the house. It started in the morning with these guys that came to the house. Chey has to bark and bark at them till mom lets them in the gate, then when they got in the petted on her and she stopped barking. 

But then another noise started. A loud, grinding, buzzing sound. Mom said they were chain saws. And this one guy was climbing up the tree, then jumping from limb to limb carrying that chain saw and then BAM part of the tree would fall to the ground. 

Before I knew it one big tree was gone. Mom said it was dead and it had to go before it came down in a storm. It was close to the house, right where our bedroom is and mom did not want it taking out the roof while we slept. 

Once they had it all gone and all that stuff cleaned up they moved to the front of the house. There is a big tree in the front and that guy he just climbed right up that one too. His nickname is Monkey.  Caleb was standing at the door and a big piece of the tree went down, we all felt it shake the ground. Caleb said a squirrel shot out of that piece that hit the ground and took off in a flash. I am so sorry I messed that. 

Later mom went out to talk to the guys and saw this. These little naked things were all curled up in one of the guys shirt and laying among it and leaves. 

Image may contain: one or more people, plant, outdoor and nature

If you look really close you can already see the claws on those little critters. Mom said that they are baby squirrel. They sure don't look like squirrel to me. 

Image may contain: plant, nature and outdoor

I heard mom ask the guy if the mom would come back and they all said prob not. Mom then told them that someone needed to take them then cause she was not feeding them a bottle. Mom loves animals, you all know this but she don't like squirrels at all.  The guys told her he was taking them, that he has raised some before. Mom then said, "great, let me get you a box"!!!!

I bet I could have had fun playing with them as they grew up. Guess we will never know now!

Oh, and remember I told you it was a different kind of day with the guys there, well to top it off those boys came over too. Chey loves for them to come but I however do not. That little one mom calls Braden is always wanting to pet me and hold me. I am not having any of that. I hid most of the day.

I was happy when they left. The biggest one named Caleb stayed but he is okay cause he don't mess with me. However, I was not a fan of the fact that he slept in my bed in the other room while he was here. 

Lily Bit


3 comments:

  1. Dang, that really was quite the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a busy time. Hope the squirrels made it. Stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. What a time! I'm glad you got your house back, Lily. :) But you should learn to share. Okay?

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...