Thursday, October 7, 2021

Punky

 This breaks our hearts.
Esp. Moms.

Theresa, mom's friend 
contacted mom yesterday
to tell her that she found
Punky dead yesterday.
Punky was T's cat.

Here is her story told
by mom.

Punky came around over at
T's home years ago. 
Somewhat feral somewhat
not. It was a given that
Punky had been an indoor
cat at some point but
pretty sure she had been
living out for a while.

T started feeding her.
Punky would not let
T touch her. After a 
yr and a half Punky 
finally came in. T had
been propping the door open
for a while, trying to get 
Punky to come in, and 
FINALLY she did.
While the whole time
T saying that she did 
not want another cat.
HA

Punky came into T's
life when T needed her
but did not know it.
And T was a blessing for
Punky. You see it 
had to be hard on Punky
living out on her own with
only one eye. That by the 
way was removed by
a professional which tells
me that she had someone
at sometime. 

I took care of Punky when
T went out of town.
When I first started taking
care of her she was
all mouth!!
haha...
Her and I would sit
in the kitchen floor when
I fed her and talk.
Never met a cat that could
eat, talk (meowing) and 
purring all att the same
time.

In the beginning I would
let Punky out in the 
morning and let her
back in at evening time.
One day she would not come
in so I went out and 
picked her up and brought
her in. T was shocked cause
Punky did not even let
her pick her up. 

THEN...
it all changed. 
T could not take off
work to take Punky
to the vet a couple
of yrs ago so I 
said I would do it.
Well, she was not happy
and threw a terrible fit
with me putting her in the 
carrier.....Our relationship
was over. 

That was about three 
yrs ago and Punky never
forgave me. 
Never came out to 
talk to me again and 
would hide if I looked
for her. 

T is going on a cruise in a
few weeks and Punky and 
I were going to start
a new relationship of
friendship, only Punky
did not know it yet.

My heart hurts for Punky,
and it is really 
hurting for T. 
T buried Punky yesterday 
and at first she thought
she had been run over but
at the time she buried her
she thought she had been 
shot. 

If that is the case, it makes
me so sick. 
T is on the road
with the Governor today
so I will not be talking
to her till tonight.
I need more info.

There is a cat, about the 
same age as Punky that
visits T's yard and  
Punky. That is the only
cat that Punky would let
in the yard. T was convinced
they were siblings. She has
been thinking that it is
time to bring Nora in.
After her trip I hope that
T will work on that.
She needs Nora now. 

Pam



4 comments:

  1. Aw, what a lovely post. So precious.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches all around and my best to Pam. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about dear Punky, that's awfully sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could someone shoot a poor cat? So sad for all involved!

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...