Sunday, December 27, 2020

Russian Blue and Tortoiseshell

 Mom loves to read up on things.

When I came to live with her she did a lot of reading on cats in general and then more on Tortie's and Tabby's. My mom was a Tortoiseshell so that makes me part Tortie. But with my markings I am a Tabby too....they call us Torbies. According to my markings I am a Mackerel Tabby. That is determined with the strips going down.



Since Misty has come to live
with us she has been doing
reading up on her. 
She thought right from the
start that she was a Russian
Blue mix. Lately there have been
markings showing up on her coat.
They are gray just like 
Misty but the markings are
lighter. 

Misty's lighter markings
look like this.
They call this a Classic
pattern. So Misty is
a Russian Blue Tabby
mix with a Classic pattern.


It was hard to tell much about
her till recently cause she
was just a baby. There are
several types of gray cats
but we are pretty sure she is a blue. 
She has the Russian Blue 
smile 

And the triangle shape
face. 

The internet talks about their
striking green eyes but 
Misty's are still changing. 
The bottom of their
paws stay a mauve 
color.

Russian Blues are
sweet-tempered, and loyal cat who 
will follow her owner everywhere.
The internet also said that
they are very social creatures and
highly intelligent animals.

Yay, now its time to talk about me.
Tortoiseshell cats are beautiful creatures 
affectionally called “torties.” Best known as “the divas 
a Tortoiseshell cat would be rare if
were of the male gender, we are all 
pretty much females.

I know that if you know anything
about cats you know that 
most cats have a CAT-I-TUDE.
Well for us Torbie's since we have
Tortie in us, we have not only
the CAT-I-TUDE but we have
what is  known as TORT-I-TUDE.
The great part is a Tortie is
considered good luck.

Mom loves both my bad traits and my
good traits. Just like Misty, she loves
her also. 

Lily Bit
 








4 comments:

  1. Tortietude is pretty special and we've had a good bit of it over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course your mom loves you. We all love you.

    Have a purrfect day and week. My best to your siblings and your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...