Sunday, June 16, 2019

In the Blink of the Eye

A lot can change in the blink of the 
eye. Two years ago my life consisted
of Dakota 


and Misfire.


Then after retirement Dakota started 
acting like a grumpy old man and 
mom kept saying he needed a pet.
Why would my retirement affect him
like that?
Well for 10 yrs he went to mom's
everyday that I worked and stayed
with her and her dogs.

I elected to not do a pup since
they are handfuls and I suffer from 
a chronic illness so I decided on a kitten.
Keep in mind here, I never was a cat
person. 

So I adopted this babe.


The bond was very strong at the start
between her and her brother.

Around the same time that Lily Bit
picked me for her mom the barn
was busy. There were 7 horses there, between
all the owners feeding time was
split and made so easy.

Today there is just Misfire and 
Stormy.


And my feeding times went from 
three evenings to every evening.
Sometimes filling in for morning feedings.

While all this was going on I
would spend a week here and there
at my older brothers home, house
sitting and animal sitting. 
I had four dogs there, two birds
and a cat. 
I took my two furbabes with me.

Since the passing of my mom and 
my inheriting her animals I have had
to stop sitting for Ray. 

Oh yes speaking of inheriting, I did take
on moms three dogs. One did not like
me so my older brother now has her.
I am down to Lily, Dakota,
Cheyenne and Molly at the house.

Thats Dakota and Molly.


Cheyenne

Khloe (living with Ray)


Not only do I have those animals in 
my life I sort of took on the loving,
feeding and taking care of three
barn cats.

There is Shadow.
Update on her ~ shot and meds are
working on the flea allergery. She is doing 
great. Thanks Dr. King for the months 
supply of flea meds (samples).



Shadow was either a drop off or gotten lost
from her home. She is a Tortie, and very
loving. It is a given that she was a house cat.
I hate that she now lives in a barn.

Princess is one of the kittens that was brought
to the barn by the woman that was renting stalls.
She left three of them. 
One is gone now. 
But Princess and her sis Tigress 
remains with Shadow.


I went from never dealing with cats
to so many in my life.

You met Zuzu the other day when
I went to the vet with her and my
sis in law Kim. 

Zuzu is a Tortie also.
She was found under a shed and 
was only 3 weeks old. 
I FELL IN LOVE
with Zu and she is the reason 
I now have Lily.
Update of Zu~ she is acting more
like herself and I will be taking
her to the vet Tuesday for another
platelet count. 

When my younger brother and Kim
go on vacation I go over and care for
there three cats. I used to go morning
and evening but working now I will
not be going in the morn.

I will be starting my week long
cat caregiving Monday.

This is Smokey. I went with Kim
to the vet again yesterday cause like 
Shadow he is allergic to fleas. He too
appears to be a house cat gone run
away or drop off. Mark and Kim
adopted him in the fold. 


On top of all the critters I now have, 
the ones I used to baby sit, the ones
I still do and the and the ones I feed every
evening, here are three others
on my evening feed list.

Lenny


Maybelline


Arnold.


Oh yes, lets not forget the pretty black and
white feral that comes to the house
at times to be fed.
Trixie....
or 
depending it could
be Tux. 
Not sure of the gender!

I am in contact each day with 
wild turkey and deer when I go
feed at the barn. 
The other day I watched a ground
hog run across the pasture, not to mention 
a coyote here and there.
The mom deer and babe I saw yesterday
in the neighbors yard.
The now gone raccoon.
And we can not forget my prince
the frog that lived in moms downstairs
bathroom over the winter.
Then yesterday Lily tried
to play with this guy when he somehow
got in the screened deck.

So....all this has come about in the last
two years. Change is a thing that we
can not hide from but sometimes
change can change your life in 
that blink of an eye. 















5 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful gal to take care of all of those critters...the photos of the pigs are great! I would have freaked if a lizard (is that what it is?) showed up IN my screened-in porch! Eek! Though Charlie would have tried to eat it I think, gasp. You have so much love in your life through all of those critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many wonderful ones to make sure you never lack for something to do, and they appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so not dog whisperer but PET whisperer or Critter Whisperer. your life is full and you are blessed to have them and they are blessed to have you. smokey is beautiufl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky I have had cats, dogs and horses around all my life and now suddenly we have none. I so miss them, but we still can travel and want to when we can so it is not fair leaving animals behind in kennels. Maybe when we cannot travel anymore....... Keep well Diane
    P.S. Love the pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting on my Friday story. That's a lot of animals to gain in just two years! I have only one cat, a ten year old girl named Lola. In a small one bedroom flat that's all I can handle.

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...