Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Misty River Adjusting

  If you have been wondering Misty is settling in. She has taken over the guest room. 

In the past week she has become the master of escape. I had a small pen area set up for her with the carrier in it, a litter box and toys. I took down the falls once I came in and saw that she had been climbing over them and getting out. I also removed the carrier although she was sleeping in it but it was hard for me to place her in there once she fell asleep. She now has a kitten bed. 


She will be six weeks old this Saturday. 
Last week while living at Mark and Kim's I played hide and seek with her and she had the stalking down really well. 
This week since coming here she has started jumping while running. Climbing and jumping off things. She has learned to go to the litter box on her own. She will stop playing and run right to the box and go. She loves to run, full force! She loves to attack my feet. 
You know when you hold a baby cradled in your arms, looking up with love and trust in their eyes, then reach up and plays with your face, well, sweetest of all times is when she lays back in my arms and reaches up to play with my face!


But big pants can hold her own bottle. I read up on how to ween her from the bottle and it starts out by introducing the formula on your finger, then you take to plate...etc.
Only I can't get her to lick it from my finger. I have also forced my finger in her mouth....she wants none of that. 




Once she takes the bottle, she plays 
30 to 45 mins, hard and full force, then she crawls up in my arms and
goes to sleep. 


Flip side...Lily and Chey have not taken to her as of yet.
Brain's dad, Misty has just now started playing paws under the door,
only Lily slaps at her paw. 

Hoping this all improves.

Lily, Chey and Misty's mom.







2 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie. That paw slapping is normal, that's what needs to happen. Also, keep trying to stick a finger in her mouth, it will help if she gets used to it in case she ever needs to have a pill. Have fun Misty River!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! And thank you for your wonderful advice Brian, because I hope to adopt a pair of kittens someday. I hope it's soon, because I could use the distraction. :)

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...