Saturday, June 22, 2019

Zu and the Nails

I know you have seen these pics
but I am limited to the pics
I have since I usually set the 
phone down when I come
in to see about the cats.
Zu meets me at the door
stretching and rolling over.


So I sit the phone down and rub on 
her before I go in the house
further.

Zu named from Zuzu on 
It's a Wonderful Life was
the most adorble kitten. It was
so cool loving on her and feeding her.
Even more so watching her discover
some first time things in her
young life.

But...then came the other 
ZU!
The rub me Zu, that would 
attack you when she had enough.
The hide from everyone Zu.
The don't pick me up or
hold me Zu.

But I am LOVING the 
newest Zu. 
She allows me to pick
her up and hold her close.
She wants that belly rubbed and 
she just flips back over when she
has had enough. 

Now I have a question for you~
How do you clip the nails of a four
year old cat that has never had them 
clipped?
Me~ hold her in my arms like a babe.
Talk sweet and softly to her 
and take a paw in your hands.
As she gets to moving around just
keep talking to her. 
I got the front ones done 
yesterday, but evening time is
meds time so I don't mess with
her other then that.
Today however I got all but four
of the back ones done.
Becky walked by, Zu don't 
like Becky and sure don't like
her watching. 

Do I use a towel around her....
no!
Have I been scratched....
no!
Am I the cat whisperer....
my sis in law thinks so.



I love Zu. 
Today she did some deep growling at
me and even hissed cause when she
saw Becky she wanted down but
I continued to hold her and talk
to her. When she was calmer, I put
her down.





3 comments:

  1. Alex does the cats nails here, he only does the front paws though, he said it's not necessary to do the back ones and so far he's been right! He holds them and talks quietly to them, squeezes their paws a bit and quickly snips the ends off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a cutie! Most everyone here is a no fuss when it comes to claw trims!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks so adorable sitting in the long lonely hallway.. glad you got the nails done without getting scratched. and idea that works with dogs, maybe work with Zu. when Becky comes by, have treats ready and feed her treats. do cats get treats? I have no idea. but the trainer calls it conditioning. everytime we walk by a neighbors house, the cat is in the yard, big wanted to chase her, he chases nothing at all but cats. I started the minute we see the cat, I hand him a small treat, 2 or 3 as we walk by. theory is having a good experience while seeing cats... now when we see a cat, he looks at me to see if I am holding out a treat

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...