Thursday, June 13, 2019

Zuzu

This is Zuzu.
I have shared Zu with you before
but it has been awhile.

Today afterwork I was laying in my
hammock when I get a text
from my sis in law, Kim.
She says Zu is not acting like 
herself and she threw up once.
But she has laid around in the same
spot all day.

I told her to call the vet and see if 
we could get her there today.
If Kim is sure something is not right
then we needed to take her in.


Good thing that Kim was working from
home today. Zuzu is a sick girl.

A cats blood platelets usually run
6000 and Zu's was only 2100.
Its called Thrombocytopenia.
I was reading and this can be caused
by leukemia but she was tested and was neg.
Or a bone marrow disorder. 

We brought her home with steroids and 
antibiotics just in case there is something
else going on. 
She will go back Tuesday to 
have her platelets checked again.
This might turn around just like that
or she might need to be put 
in the hospital. 

The old Pam would have faith.
The new Pam has seen tables
turn really fast.
I want Zu to be fine,
this is breaking my heart.
Zu is the reason I have Lily Bit.


My brother found her under the shed when
the dog started barking. Mark noticed movement
and crawled under to get her. She was only
about 3 weeks old. Mom must have been
moving the babes when the dog found
Zu and mom did not get back before Mark
got her. She was bottle fed and while
feeding this little kitten that laid
in the palm of my hand, I fell
in 
LOVE
with a cat for the first time in my life.

I had never even heard of a 
Tortishell cat before.
Upon learning the vet said that
was what Zu was I read up 
on them. 
I also learned that like a calico
only females are Torties.

Lily Bit is part Tortie. Her mom
was full and looks a lot like
Zuzu.

Zuzu just have to be okay.



4 comments:

  1. Purrs and prayers to sweet Zuzu from all of us. We hope the Vet figures out a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry Zuzu is sick, prayers for all of you... it is so hard when pets are sick because they can't talk to us and we have to read their actions. i do hope she will be ok..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so heartbreaking when they get sick...when they are hurting and we don't know how to help them. Sending healing energy for Zuzu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and more prayers.

    Please keep us informed. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...