Saturday, March 19, 2022

My Name Cheyenne

 Hi...its me Cheyenne.
Yes, I used my full name
cause Darla was asking
about it in a comment.

My name is Cheyenne, 
but mom calls me
Chey or Cheyanna Bella.
Or sometimes some not
so nice words when
she gets ticked at me.
Yep, I like to have my way
and it makes mom work
harder from time to time,
making her mad at me...
therefore the not so
nice names come out.

But moving on with my name,
I got Cheyenne when my first
mom, Amber, got me as a 
baby and named me that.
I needed a name so 
Amber and her first hubs
named me Cheyenne.

If you don't know my history, 
here it is....
Amber and Dustin got me
for Caleb. But when
they moved from a house
to an apartment, I moved
in with  Amber's granny.
You see, I am a runner and 
not having a yard, darting
when doors open, they knew
I would get out and get
hit by a car. I lived
with granny, who then
became my mom for 
yrs, until she went away.
Pam, my mom now, who
is also Amber's mom and 
granny's daughter, took 
me in. 

The funny is that Amber tends
to name critters for states
or cities. 
Before me there was Dakota!
I know you all know him.....
He was also Ambers dog. Her 
and Dustin named him Dakota.
Trying to come up with 
a name, driving home from 
getting him, they saw a car
tag for Dakota. BAM...he was
named. However, six months
later then were moving 
and could not have pets.
So, Pam took Dakota in 
till they could find a home 
for him. Pam knew that
they would not even try to 
look, so Pam started looking
for a home. But by that
time Dakota wormed into 
Pam's heart.....so she kept 
him. True to her nature
for nicknames he was called
Dakota Bug
Kota Bug
and 
of course, 
THE KING!

It did not stop there,
later while living in the 
apartment Amber got another
dog that needed adopting.
Amber named her 
Georgia. 
Georgia needing a home
where she could get out
and run, Pam found her
a home with a friend of hers.

Mom misses Kota Bug who has
been gone for two yrs now.
We were not even thinking
about that but when mom
realized that she had called
me Dakota more than once
this week, it hit her.

I miss Dakota too.
I know Lily Bit does.

Chey



3 comments:

  1. I miss Dakota very much too. It's good to hear the history of your life. I'm sure mom is not very unhappy with you at all. You're to cute to stay mad at.

    Have a woof woof day, Chey. My best to your siblings and your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you ended up where you are Chey, you and Mom are purrfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...