Sunday, May 12, 2019

Misfire and The Hoofs

Today I met a farrier at the 
barn. Misfire's hoofs
need a little work done on them.

Thought~ Wondering if they make
hoof color polish for a horse?
HAHA....

Anyway....things did not go well.


And I had a lot of clean up 
to do!


Those who have not been following
me the last couple of yrs might not
know Misfire and my history.

I am not sure of the first 
 yrs of Misfire's life but I do know 
that my brother purchased her at the
age of seven as a gift for my sis in law.
Lori loved Misfire but Lori
is more of a dog person.

Ray and Lori had a couple other
horses. A mini named Peanut and
a male named Jack.

For years when my nephew was 
racing the circuit I would house/
animal sit for them. That included
feeding of the horses. I loved going to
the barn and calling them in to eat.
I would brush Misfire, she loved
to have water run over her and I 
just talked to her.

When Jack past at 32 and Peanut
was given to the young girl down 
the street, that left Misfire, alone
in the pasture.
I was dating Chris and he rented
his barn out to a guy that 
had several horses. Chris
suggested that Misfire come out 
there. Funny thing about it all is
that 15 yrs before when Ray bought
Misfire for Lori, he actually bought
her from Chris' dad out of the same
pasture she stands in now.

Okay...there is our history.

Now on to what took place today.
I called a farrier to do her hoofs, been
yrs. Problem~ she has to be sedated since
she don't like to be messed with. 
You see, she was taken to a pasture 
where there was not training, no working,
no riding....etc. She likes to be left alone.
I have never riden her, I am not sure
anyone can. But I wanted to give her
a good place to live, and be comfy the
rest of her life. I love her. 

I told the farrier  that she don't
like to be messed with and 
she needs to be sedated.
He gave her a shot but she
never calmed down. He suggested
that he get the older man he works
with some and learned under to
come out and do her feet so that
she might be more comfy and no one
gets hurt. I am all for that.
Probably next weekend.

This guy was amazed at her
age and how healthy she looked.
That tells me I am doing something
right in her care.




4 comments:

  1. poor sweet girl. I am so glad you are allowing her to be a horse not ridden and living the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, she is a pretty one and I feel bad she is so fearful of new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame, hope all goes well in the end. She seems very settled with you. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor Misfire...it's hard to watch a beloved pet feel so anxious and uncomfortable! I hope the older gent has some success. That was a nice story, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...