Monday, September 28, 2020

My Vet Visit by Lily

 I have never minded a carrier. Mom introduced me to it when I was just a babe, right after she got me. So Monday morning when mom brought out this carrier, (I have only been in this one once), she opened the side and told me to get in....and I did. Mom is so proud to tell people that she tells me to go in and I do it. A lot of folks tell mom that is really unusual for a cat. 

Here I am in the car seat in my carrier on the way to an appt. mom had made for me. 


I have been puking and hocking up some major hair balls, very unusual to me. Mom said she counted six last week. I guess that is too many. So mom wanted to have me checked. I have not had a check up in a long time. 

Here I am waiting out front for the vet people to come get me. Mom hated me going in alone but I really was not alone, Amber came out and got me. 


Amber sort of likes me but she has major allergies if she spends time with cats....haha and she works where cats come in all the time!

Anyway, Doc King says I am very healthy. Not sure what is going on with the amount of hair balls but I now have this delish stuff that I licked off mom's finger, it is to help me get those hair balls up easier. But apparently, while hocking up (mom taught me that term) that much a little throw up comes up too and that can make you a tad dehydrated. To help with that and nausea feeling I have some not so delish meds. I was not crazy about that stuff and mom said I have to have it three times a day for a couple of weeks. YUCK....
good luck mom getting that in me. I plan on fighting you when med times come. 

Mom was excited though that I was so healthy. Mom also told them that if I needed any shots to give them to me. But Doc King said that since I don't go out and I just visit the deck that I don't need any shots.....YAY.

Mom was proud of how well behaved I was. I meowed once on the way to the vet and once on the way home, mom realized why on the way home....She had stopped at a red light and I did not like that. 

We made one more stop on the way home, I got to go in Lowes Home Improvement store. That was interesting, esp on the way out when that big dog was coming in. 

Lily Bit



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were such a good girl at the vet and getting into your carrier when mom told you to is amazing. Never got a kitty in a carrier without a huge fight before. You're such a good girl.

    Have a purrfect day, Lily Bit. My best to your siblings and your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you hear you are a healthy girl and those meds will be all done before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you are healthy and well. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome check-up! Sad to say, for several years our vets prescribed shots even with our cats staying indoors and I have started to think they're becoming a bit money hungry. Jezebel hasn't been there in a while, and I'm loathe to upset her as she seems so healthy. I hope you get the issue resolved and don't have to continue these meds, Lily. ~hugs~ Take care of your mom, and try not to fight her. Okay?

    ReplyDelete

Moved to Regular Blog

 Hello sweet blogging friends. Misty and I wanted to  do a post to let you know that mom has moved us over to her regular blog and  we are b...